Monday, November 10, 2008

Wall Frosting

As an interior design aficionado, I know that taste in art is preeminently important in making a room comfortable. No matter how much you invest in furniture, the blank canvas of your walls must be addressed! In this vein, the issue of decorating with color weaves itself into the challenge. One should incorporate the warm base colors of the room into the wall hangings(tapestries, canvases, etc), while subtly departing from the color scheme in order to avoid being monochromatic.

In my home, I am feverently devoted to the work of Natasha Wescoat. I decorate in warm colors (ruby, chocolate, pumpkin) in order to give the room a cozy feel. Her work incorporates these tones in the subject of abstract trees. I have these three pieces, and I plan buying more.

With the Waves


Tender Sprouts


Trinity

No comments: