Monday, April 20, 2009

Skin deep

I've used self tanner for years, my first memory of it is excitedly buying The Body Shop's Watermelon self tan in sixth grade. That's thirteen years of a fabulous orange glow! Nowdays, I rely on a daily application of body lotion that has a touch of DHA (the active ingredient in all self tans). Through much trial and error I have found that this is best because the moisturizing aspect of the lotion keeps the fake tan looking flawless the longest, and the easiest way to spot a fake tan isn't its orange hue, but its uneven spotches once the tan ages.

I've always preferred Dove's "Energy Glow" lotion in medium/deep because of the nice scent and the way it leaves my skin feeling. Lately, Dove lotion has been difficult to find in little San Luis Obispo so I tried the new Olay "Touch of Sun", also in medium/deep and I've found that it is a worthy successor! It has a nice coconut-y scent and gives a nice color. Thanks Olay, I wouldn't feel sexay without you!

1 comment:

ICQB said...

Hi,

Thanks for visiting my post about Sabriel, Lirael, and Abhorsen. And thanks for the news about more books on their way!

If you haven't read Megan Whalen Turner's books (The Thief, The Queen of Attolia, The King of Attolia) then I'd recommend them- I think they'd be right down your alley.

Now I'm going out to get me some of that Olay self-tan stuff. Boy do I need it!